Thursday 9 May 2013

Oh for the love of CLAY PUSH !



                                               I have returned from a week away
                                   at a clay convention, 'Clay Push', in Gulgong NSW
                                                  There was so much going on!
                             It was great to meet some of the Mud Colony members too.

                                 Below is a series of videos showing one potters work.
                                    I found Lee, Kang Hyo's approach to his work one
                               of the most exciting ceramic experiences I have come across.

                                   As many of you know I come from a background in
                                             performing arts, textiles and pottery and
                                        it is wonderful when I find events that touch on
                                          a combination of these loves in my life.
                                    Lee, Kang Hyo is a performer, dancer and potter.

                                                  I hope you enjoy this series of videos.
                                           I found his freedom of expression very inspiring.





                                        
making the first pot





                                                  dancing the decoration onto the first pot




 
decorating the 2nd pot




 

For those new comers to this blog and who have not seen my work 
here is my website

If you go to the 'Works' page you will find my ceramics there

1 comment: